OKC Parks Sales Tax Initiative
After a successful citizen-led petition campaign, a limited-purpose 1/8-cent sales tax for Oklahoma City parks was added to the ballot for Oklahoma City voters to decide. The question will be on the March 3 ballot. Learn more about the initiative details.
Many studies have found that parks increase health and wellness of communities! Parks:
- Encourage physical activity
- Facilitate community interaction
- Lead to overall stress reduction
We are a coalition of those who love OKC Parks and would like to use this dedicated tax to enhance the operations and maintenance of OKC Parks. This will allow us to realize the greatest benefit from our significant MAPS/GO Bond capital investments.
Vote Yes! for OKC Parks on March 3.
On March 3 — the presidential primary election — all registered voters in OKC will have a special ballot with only this question.
Schedule for early voting and election day
- Last day to register to vote: February 7
- Deadline to request absentee (vote by mail) ballot: 5 PM, Feb. 26
- Early voting: Thursday, February 27, 8 AM – 6 PM, Friday, Feb. 28, 8 AM – 6 PM, Saturday, February 29, 9 AM – 2 PM